Important Information Regarding Our Covid 19 Status
Like many businesses in the United States, we have been impacted by COVID-19. Currently our operations are considered essential (food supply via ecommerce), our region is in Green status, and we are cleared to continue operating.
No employee has been diagnosed with or come in contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases, and we are all in good health. However to protect staff and customers we have implemented some changes in operations that may affect your orders. Please read on to see how these changes may affect you:
Ordering, Fulfillment and Delivery Policies during COVID
As per our new policy for maintaining safety, and reducing touches, our hours are now limited.
1) Ordering : Ordering is still possible at this time, 24 hours a day on our site. Items may be subject to extended wait times, due to operations or inventory shortages.
2) Operations: We are currently operating Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. and are processing orders on those days. We may/may not add additional days, depending on volume and staff availability.
3) Processing: Orders are currently processed at noon EST on operational days. If you order after 11am, your order will likely be packed the next available business day.
4) Carrier Pickup: Our carriers (UPS and USPS) are operating as usual, but delivery times may vary from expected (see below).
5) Time to Delivery: all carriers are reported extended hold times, increased volume, and delayed delivery times. Delivery date guarantees are not offered by either our carriers or our company during this time.
6) Pricing You should know we are committed to prevention of price gouging - as long as we are operating our ordering system, my staff will continue to use our regular pricing model. We have published our MSRP (compare at price) on our site - if you see a vendor selling our product significantly above *our stated* MSRP please let us know and we'll look into it for you.
Delivery fees and labor to keep things sanitary and staff safely are substantially higher for us, and this is reflected in an increase in our shipping rates and our free shipping levels. Thank you for understanding.
You must apply any code you want to use at checkout. Due to increased volume and limited staff availability, we cannot not offer workaround retroactive application. However if you notify us before your order ships, we can cancel the order and you can try to order again. Note: we can't locate your code, issue a new code to you or issue a refund on an open order.
Volume Limitations and Damages/Return/Refund Policies
During this period of time,in order to reduce the potential for hoarding/price gouging and improve our chance of obtaining sufficient stock volume to meet demand, we have instituted a limitation on claims, returns, etc.
Please buy only what you think you will need. We will NOT accept returns, replacements or issue refunds during this period for unused product or satisfaction beyond one unit per order placed after March 15.
Damages - We have more demand than we have product and are usually pre-sold out before the next production run arrives. This means we CANNOT ship replacements, even when insured shipping is opted for. Claims for damage will receive a replacement code for a separate order, good for up to a year.
Damage Insurance! Due to high volume, there is increased risk of damage in shipping. In general we expect damage for orders of 20lb or more - reported damages have been at least twice what we normally receive. If you opt for uninsured shipping, please note that we will not make exceptions for your order. You must opt for actual shipping (UPS or USPS) or our internal protection to make a claim!
Limitations to Damage Protection: during this period of time, we are asking you to help us reduce waste - therefore, we reserve the right to limit claims for satisfaction or damage as well to partial damage.
Other limitations: Please note that due to high demand, we reserve the right to limit quantities, hold orders for incoming stock, or cancel orders due to lack of availability/oversold status. Cancelled, unshipped orders will be refunded using the method paid.
General Office Policies
Our office will be closed to the public immediately. We are NOT accepting walk in orders, regular business meetings, sales calls or other appointments. Please conduct all orders via email or on our shop.betterbatter.org site.
Our customer service staff will be doing their best on FB messenger and at our contact email to answer your inquiries. Due to increased volume, response time may be slow - we are working to mitigate limitations the best we can, but we do ask your patience.
Our region seems to be weathering this very well, and exposure in the county where we work and live is very limited, however, we are a tiny company - 3 families run the business - less than 10 people -
You should know that we are doing our best to social distance and work safely. However the downside to a small, family run business is that if any one of our staff are exposed, up to 1/3 of total staff get quarantined at the same time. It also means we have to rotate staff based on family availability to reduce points of exposure, which both extends our working hours and reduces our availability - perfect storm.
Please continue to keep this in mind as you plan your orders for the next several weeks, and be patient (and kind!) when dealing with us.
Current Steps To Safety
As a reminder, here is what Better Batter is already doing to sustain operations:
- No Better Batter employees have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
- Isolation of the executive team to ensure business continuity. This means our controller and president and head of warehousing are working limited hours, following good health guidelines for social distancing, and working from home where possible.
- Non executive staff are limiting hours and practicing safe standard, following good health guidelines for social distancing, and working from home where possible.
- We have implemented strict isolation protocols within our facilities and corporate offices to minimize the spread of the virus in the organization should a single employee test positive for COVID-19 or should they be quarantined due to known contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
- Increased sanitation of critical areas of all facilities.
- Decreased contact with essential third party providers (UPS drivers etc)
- Better Batter is continually communicating with our teams to ensure all employees are doing everything possible to prevent the spread of this virus.
- Only business critical visitors approved by myself or my Director of Operations are allowed in any Better Batter facility until further notice.
- We have placed extra orders in our supply chain, and have confirmed that our copackers have secured key essential ingredients and other supplies to ensure we do not experience a long term shortage as the nation deals with this outbreak. To date, all vendors have communicated that they are monitoring developments and will communicate immediately if supply concerns develop. However we expect delays in inventory status due to increased lead times at our facilities. Make sure to order with this in mind.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any additional questions or concerns, or encouragements. We're all in this together.
Love ya lots