Another great recipe from my good friend, chef Patrick Auger, whose passion for baking is unmatched. Patrick works really hard to create lovely, allergy frees goods that anyone can enjoy. This recipe is a gift from him, and a preview of coming attractions in his upcoming cookbook. YUM!
This blueberry muffin recipe, is gluten free, dairy free and egg free.
Makes 1-1/2 dozen
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons (14oz or 354g )Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) Earth Balance Soy Free Stick
1 -1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup dairy free milk or coconut milk
2 cups fresh blueberries, or any kind of fresh berries
Granulated sugar and mace for topping (optional)
• Preheat oven to 375° F.
• Line standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
• Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
• With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream Earth Balance and granulated sugar until fluffy.
• Add applesauce and vanilla; mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low; alternate adding reserved flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour. Gently fold in berries by hand.
• Divide batter evenly among prepared cups; if desired, sprinkle generously with granulated sugar and mace. Bake until light golden on top, rotating tins halfway through, about 30 minutes.
• Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes before turning out muffins.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.