As part of our gluten free blogger event, Melissa Spitzer shared this wonderful recipe with us. Melissa says, “Mummy cupcakes make a GREAT edition to any kids Halloween classroom. I made these last year for our kids and I didn’t see a single one back!”
Ingredients for cupcakes:
1 1/4 cups (5 oz or 141g) Better Batter Flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar*
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Coconut Milk **
24 white cupcake liners
1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag of Wholesome Sweeteners Powdered Sugar***
1lb room temperature butter
1tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut milk
Directions for cupcakes:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
3) In a mixer add eggs and beat for about 10-20 seconds and gradually add sugar and continue to beat about 30 seconds. Continue to beat and add vanilla and oil.
4) Reduce mixer speed to slow and add half of the flour, then milk and then rest of the flour and end with the milk. Beat until just combined and do not over mix.
5) The batter will be thin and pour into cupcake pan that has cupcake liners preferably white liners.
6) Bake cupcakes in the pre-heated oven for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7) Cool in pan for 1-2 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely before frosting.
Directions for frosting:
1) Place the butter in your mixer and add your powdered sugar and beat and continue to add powdered sugar until the mixture is really dry.
2) Add the vanilla to the dry mixture and then add coconut milk to the mixture 1Tbs at a time until desired consistency.
3) Now take a pipping bag and use the basket weaving tip. Now have FUN you want to leave a little space for the eyes. You just take the pipping bag and place frosting across the cupcake using straight lines, crooked lines or any lines you would like. Now take 2 chocolate chips and place the point side into the cupcake and VIOLA you have a mummy cupcake!