- 2-3 pints cherry, grape, or other smaller tomatoes
- 1 store-bought gluten-free baguette, or make your own using this Better Batter recipe
For the marinade:
- 3/4 c cooking oil of your choice, I use vegetable oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbl granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 c minced flat-leaf parsley
- 18 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Chop the tomatoes.
Halve or quarter the tomatoes - find a mix of grape, cherry, yellow pear, or other heirloom tomatoes.
Make the marinade.
Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a large glass bowl. Whisk to combine, then add tomatoes. Cover the bowl and allow to marinate for 2-3 hours at room temperature. The tomatoes will give off additional liquid as they marinate.
Serve as a side tomato salad or turn this into a yummy tomato bruschetta. Grill slices of baguette until slightly charred on both sides. Top with marinated tomatoes and serve. Store leftover tomatoes in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman