One of our amazing customers wrote into us and asked if we could help convert her family recipe with our new gum free flour she was so happy to share her recipe with our customers.. Hope you enjoy
1 large Ring
1 1/2 hour
30 to 35 minutes
2 1/4 Cup Dairy free milk substitute or dairy milk Warm to 100°F we like hempseed milk
2 tablespoon or 1 oz Saf-Instant Yeast or active dry yeast.
1/2 cup oil
4 1/2 cups or 586 g GUM/RICE FREE BLEND! Better Batter Gluten Free Flour/Baking Mix
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar or Maple sugar
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup Vegan butter or Earth balance, melted
1/2 cup water or dairy free milk
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
- Beat together all topping ingredients until smooth and set aside, tightly covered
Next Mix dough ingredients in your stand mixer with paddle attachment on high speed for three minutes then shut off your mixer and cover your bowl with damp kitchen towel. After 20 minute rest, continue mixing for about 10 mins until everything comes together
- Turn dough onto the floured surface and sprinkle flour on the surface of the dough, gently turning until all surfaces of the dough are covered – this will help you handle the dough.
- Roll dough into a 16×21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with filling mixture You want to leave 1 1/2 inch in edge along one long side of the rectangle and you want to completely cover the rest of the surface.
Starting at the covered long side, roll up dough so that a long coil forms. Tuck the ends under the roll so that a sealed roll is formed
- Roll into jelly roll fashion and shape into rings. Place on a greased sheet pan . With kitchen shears cut at 1” intervals almost through ring. Turn slices slightly
- Sprinkle generously with water, cover, and let rise in a warm place, about 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F degrees
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. While it baking,
- Beat together water or dairy free confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Spread 1/2 of frosting on warm ring immediately after removing from the oven. Wait 5 minutes and spread the remaining icing on the ring . Serve immediately for best taste and texture.