Are you looking for a bread that is high in fiber and easy to make? This yeast free griddle bread contains about 5-7 g of fiber per bun, requires only 3 ingredients, can be whipped up at a moment’s notice and doesn’t require the use of your oven! Perfect for making breakfast sandwiches (pictured), you can fill these flatbreads with any variety of fillings. If you are going on a trip, mix together the dry ingredients and whip up a batch in your hotel room using either a hot plate or microwave!
3/4 cup Better Batter Gluten Free Pancake and Biscuit Mix
3/4 cup coarse ground flaxseed meal
1-1/2 cups water
- Whisk together Better Batter Pancake and Biscuit Mix and flax meal until evenly combined.
- Add 1/2 cup water at a time to the mixture and mix. Continue to add water, 1/4 c at a time, until a dough forms. Your dough should neither be too sticky, nor too dry. It should be rather elastic and should be able to be patted out easily.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Divide the dough into 4 to 6 portions (depending on how large you want them).Lightly wet or oil your hands and flatten each dough portion into a disc about 1/8-1/4 inch thick and 3-4 inches wide. Dough will puff slightly when it cooks, so make thinner and wider for best results. Using a dowel, fork, or chopstick, poke ventilation holes evenly across the surface of each disc.
- Place the discs on the hot griddle, and cook the flat bread on the skillet or griddle until barely golden on each side, around 3-5 minutes per side.
- Top the flat bread however you like; enjoy!
Note: if you do not have a griddle or hot plan, you may microwave each disc for about a minute to cook them instead (they will not brown). Watch carefully so that you do not overcook and dry the discs out using the microwave.