This summer is a scorcher so far! When it’s hot outside, I like to have something light and cool for supper. Crispy chicken salad is a good option—a nice big green salad with some crispy fried chicken on top. Better Batter gluten-free seasoned flour makes cooking the chicken simple. Add your favorite dressing, and dinner is served!
Crispy Chicken Salad
Thin-sliced boneless chicken breast
Better Batter seasoned flour
Buttermilk (or substitute)
Oil for frying
Lettuce or other salad greens (I like to use a mixture of salad greens. You can use a bagged salad to make this meal even easier.)
Yellow squashed, chopped
1. Prepare a skillet to fry the chicken. Add enough oil to the skillet so that the oil is about 1/8 inch deep.
2. Use 2 shallow bowls for buttermilk (or substitute) and Better Batter gluten-free seasoned flour.
3. Dip each piece of chicken breast in buttermilk and then in Better Batter gluten-free seasoned flour.
4. Place battered chicken in preheated oil (medium heat). Fry until golden brown on all sides and chicken is cooked through, turning every 3-4 minutes.
5. While chicken in frying, prepare salad.
6. Slice chicken and place on top of salad.
7. Serve with your favorite salad dressing. (My favorite salad dressing is homemade ranch dressing!)