When summer time comes, who wants to spend hours in the kitchen baking? Not me! Here’s an easy dessert that won’t keep you in the kitchen for long!
1 box Better Batter gluten-free yellow cake mix
2 sticks softened butter **I haven’t tried this recipe with a dairy alternative. If you do, please let me know how it turns out!**
2 cans gluten-free cherry pie filling **You can substitute different pie fillings if you don’t like cherries. I will be making my own pie filling the next time I make this recipe because I can’t find cherry pie filling that doesn’t have Red 40 added. My youngest son can’t have artificial colorings.**
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Prepare a 9×13 pan. (I butter my pan. I don’t use non-stick spray. Use whatever you would like.)
3. Pour both cans of pie filling in the 9×13 pan.
4. In a bowl, using a fork or pastry cutter, mix the yellow cake mix with the softened butter until the butter is well incorporated.
5. Sprinkle the cake mix and butter mixture over the top of the pie filling.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.