This is a super easy recipe to put together and great comfort food on a chilly winter evening.
You can even make this recipe in no time with buying a gluten-free rotisserie chicken already cooked at a grocery store and have dinner in no time I have made this in the freezer pans and have it in my freezer at all times or you can put in your crockpot for an easy quick dinner
45 to 60 mins
1 bag Frozen small onions pearl onions
2 stalks of celery, sliced into small pieces
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and diced , I have also done this with a whole roasted gluten-free chicken at a grocery store make sure you do check for labeled gluten-free in the other allergies
2 8oz bags frozen mixed vegetables
2 tsp poultry seasoning
2 t dried parsley
2 t salt
1 t pepper
4 Tbsp Avocado oil
2 ½. Cup chicken broth I use homemade or a good Quality store brought
1/4 c Better Batter Gluten Free Flour,
1 20 oz box Better Batter Gluten Free Pancake and Biscuit Mix
2 tablespoons of baking powder
½ cup dairy butter Melted we like Earth balance or smart balance
3 1/2 cups. chicken stock or water Chicken stock gives amazing flavor
1 stick or 1/2 cup dairy free Butter substitute melted her brushing on top before baking we like Earth balance or smart balance
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the Filling ingredients, stirring well, until the mixture resembles a slurry.
- Once filling ingredients have been mixed, place them in a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Better Batter Pancake and Biscuit Mix with , baking powder , melted dairy free butter substitute and chicken stock or water to form drop biscuits – an entire box of pancake mix should require about 3 1/2 c of chicken stocks or water Mix for 30 seconds. If the mixture is too thick, add extra water or chicken stock
- Scoop 1/2 c portions of biscuit dough into the chicken filling in the pan. Brush on top melted Earth balance or dairy free butter spread before baking Place in the preheated oven and cook for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until the biscuits are cooked and golden brown and the filling mixture is cooked through and thickened. Baking will depend on Oven everyone’s oven is different
- place chicken filling in crock pot. Spoon biscuit mix on top in 1/2 c dollops. Cook on High for 4 hours or low for 8 hours, with the lid slightly vented with a wooden chopstick.