- 2 cups (8 oz) Better Batter All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil of your choice (I use vegetable oil)
- 3 large, very ripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- fresh zest of one lemon, optional
- cooking spray
Choose one of the following:
- To make these muffins vegan: 1 c water + 1/4 c flaxseed (we prefer golden flax)
Preheat and prepare.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.If making the vegan option, heat the cup of water and flaxseed in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.
Blend the dry ingredients.
Mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
Prepare the batter.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a large mixing bowl and a handheld electric mixer, beat together the bananas, oil, and eggs (or vegan option: no eggs but add flaxseed mixture) until well combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined, then fold in blueberries and lemon zest.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Makes 12. Store in an air tight container for up to a week.
If you use paper liners, chilling these muffins completely makes the papers come off easily.